Imagine Having Good Posture And Loving Every Minute Of It
You’ve been there - we’ve all been there. You’re in a meeting and catch a reflection of yourself in the office door or on your computer screen. Immediately you sit up straight, finding good posture, and think, “Wow, this feels greats” All of a sudden you're more alert, you can breathe deeper and you even feel a bit more confident in yourself at this meeting.
It’s now 10 minutes later and one of two things has happened:
1. You see your reflection again. Your shoulders are rounding forward, your head is closer to your screen than the rest of your body, and you’re shorter. Plus you feel your attention in the meeting starting to drift away.
2. You’ve maintained that good posture, but now your back hurts. It feels like so much work. You’ve returned to your slumped position because it feels so much better, but you know it’s probably not best for your body in the long run.
Chances are you find yourself in the 2nd scenario. It’s ok, you’re most certainly not alone.
Posture is the way we hold our bodies. Sure, we can consciously control it, but that means thinking about posture all day. And who has that kind of time?
Like breathing, good posture can also be an unconscious act. When our minds are on something else, our good posture doesn’t stop.
Postural muscles, when functioning properly, hold our body in such a way that they alleviate the strain of gravity and eases the tension on our muscles and ligaments. And once your body knows what to do, good posture is easeful.
Good posture is a simple way to keep your spine healthy.
So how do you get there?
How do you train your body so that good posture becomes an unconscious act? Start with the free, 20-minute class called Easeful Posture on Fitstreams.
Safe Moves Easeful Posture
Easeful Posture is a series of gentle exercises that stretches all the way from the bottom of our feet to the top of our head.
The whole body is a team when it comes to good posture.
Think of the Easeful Posture class as your awesome new posture coach.
In 20 minutes, the class trains the major and minor posture players.
A good coach recognizes:
1. The job of each player.
2. The strengths and weaknesses of the player.
3. What motivates the player.
4. How the player operates with other players.
5. How the player contributes to the team as a whole.
And what happens when the major and minor posture players are properly trained? Good posture is one of the simplest and easiest ways to keep your spine healthy. While it may take some practice and mindfulness, using correct posture will provide the appropriate back support. This is especially important if you spend time sitting in an office chair or standing throughout the day.
Sitting and standing with proper alignment:
Improves blood flow
Helps keep your nerves and blood vessels stay healthy
Supports your muscles, ligaments, and tendons
People who make a habit of using correct posture are less likely to experience related back and neck pain.
In fact, in addition to the above-mentioned improvements, there are a whole slew of benefits resulting from good posture including:
- Less headaches
- Less tension in head, neck and shoulders
- Increased energy levels
- Decreased risk of abnormal wearing of the joint surfaces
- Increased lung capacity
- Improved digestion
- Reducing TMJ (temporomandibular joint) pain
- Appearing taller
- Better form during workouts
- Increased self-confidence
Safe Moves Easeful Posture
Can you believe all of those benefits come just from bettering your posture? Give it a shot and see if you feel the difference.
Your spine will thank you!
You can access Easeful Posture by clicking Take Class Now below. You’ll find the Easeful Posture class under Safe Moves Level 1 and Level 2.